Last year during the COP26 climate summit, investment providers made pledges to reduce the emissions of their portfolios to Net Zero.
A year later, the world is asking: What happened? Have these pledges kickstarted emissions reductions or is it just greenwash?
The Aotearoa New Zealand Investor Coalition for Net Zero has conducted a survey of the New Zealand finance industry to find out what's happened to those pledges, and to track progress by all investment funds in reducing their climate emissions.
Join us to hear about what’s happening internationally, the survey results, and an analysis of progress by a panel.
- Thursday 17th of November (during COP 27)
- 5.00-7.30 pm (including networking)
- Tickets are complimentary, drinks and light food provided
- Harrison Smith, Investor Practice Program Manager, Investor Group for Climate Change (IGCC)
- David Lewis, Researcher and Survey Analyst, Novus Consulting
- Barry Coates, CEO and Founder, Mindful Money
- Katie Beith, Head of ESG, Forsyth Barr
- Kate Brownsey, ESG analyst, Pathfinder Asset Management
- Amy Sparks, Associate Director Corporate Finance, Deloitte
There will be a Q&A session after the panel, so please bring your questions.
This is the second annual survey of Net Zero for the finance sector.
- 2021 New Zealand Investors Stepping up to the Climate Challenge Report can be found here.
- You can watch our previous Net Zero kick-off event here.