- We will strive to protect the information that you provide to us against any form of misuse or theft.
- We won’t sell any information about you or pass it on to any other organisation for their commercial gain.
- We will provide you opportunities to opt in and opt out. It’s your information and we will respect it.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected by us, in particular, data that can identify an individual ("personal information").
Mindful Money is responsible for the processing of personal data that it receives under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Use of Website
What personal information do we collect?
We collect and hold personal information about, but not limited to:
- users of our website;
- business associates and potential business associates, and their employees and contractors (where applicable);
- individuals we deal with in the course of providing our services to our users;
- suppliers and their employees and contractors;
- employees, prospective employees and contractors; and
- other people who come into contact with us.
Information we collect from you may include (but is not limited to): names, addresses, contact details, occupations, payment details, employment history, education and qualifications, testimonials, feedback and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services, and meeting our legal obligations.
Collection and disclosure of personal information from KiwiSaver and Investment Fund Providers
Where you use our services and disclose your personal information to us for this purpose, you confirm that:
- we may collect personal information about you directly from an issuer and manager of a KiwiSaver fund or other investment fund; and
- this may include the value of the KiwiSaver funds switched or the value of monthly contributions for that KiwiSaver fund or other investment fund.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you in order for us to provide you with our services, to record the use of our website, for you to take full advantage of our services, and for us to conduct our business, contact you about us and our services, and to meet our legal obligations.
We may collect personal information about you to identify investments in a KiwiSaver scheme or other investment fund resulting from your referral from our platform – this will assist us to calculate fees required to be paid to us by issuers and managers of KiwiSaver schemes or other investment funds.
We may also collect information about you for any other purposes permitted by law.
In some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely impact our ability to supply you with our services or perform our obligations to you.
Any information you provide to us that is not specified as mandatory (e.g. identified by a *) is voluntary. You are free to choose whether to provide us with the types of personal information requested, but we may not be able to serve you as effectively or offer you certain services if you choose not to share certain information with us.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information about you through your conduct on our website, via support services, email, telephone, any contact made by you to us through social media channels, and through any other interaction you may have with us.
Personal information is collected when provided by you, via the website, email, support, phone, social media, or any other interactions you may have with us. For example, we may need to collect personal information to provide you with services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries that you submit to us.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to publicly available sources. We may collect personal information about you from issuers and managers of KiwiSaver schemes or other investment funds.
Registration with the website is voluntary. Registration may include submitting (for instance, but not limited to) your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, and selecting an option to receive updates and promotional material and other information.
Collection and Use of Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the sites or use our services. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity directly but may include information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, device ID, operating system version, web-browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and your Internet Protocol (IP) address/MAC address/device identifier.
When you visit our website, our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems and to enable us to provide the best level of service.
We treat information collected by cookies and other similar technologies as non-personal information unless:
- applicable laws require us to treat them as personal information; and
You can choose to disable cookies on your computer if you wish by updating your browser settings, but please note that this may cause some malfunctions on the site.
Management of Personal Information
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to us, and we regularly review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
While no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure the security, on our systems, of the personal information you transmit to us via our online products and services.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Use of Information
- to provide you with our services and any other services you request;
- to reconcile and audit referrals from us to issuers and managers of KiwiSaver schemes or other investment funds;
- to market our services to you;
- to engage with third parties on your behalf;
- to communicate with you;
- to help us manage and enhance our services; and
- to comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by law.
Copies of correspondence sent by you, or from the website, that may contain your personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
We do not allow the selling of your personal information in any way.
Retention and Disclosure of Information
We take care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those employees or relevant persons who require it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it.
We may disclose your personal information:
- where you have consented;
- where disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the personal information was submitted; or
- when the law permits or requires disclosure.
We may also disclose your personal information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with (intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We may engage third parties to support our operations and/or provide you with services on our behalf.
Where we deem it necessary, we may disclose personal information held by us to these third parties solely for the purpose of, and in connection with, performing the particular service or function that we have engaged the third party to provide.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a KiwiSaver scheme provider or other investment fund manager;
- another charity within our group (the charity, Sustainable Initiatives Aotearoa, CC#51919);
- any business that supports our services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the applicable laws (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- any other person authorised by you; and
- a business that supports our services, noting that they may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
We generally retain personal data only for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes for which it was obtained, to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as required or permitted by law. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymise it, delete it or take other appropriate steps.
Where we no longer require your personal information, we will comply with our legal requirements in respect of that information.
Links to External Websites
We provide links to websites outside of our websites, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website or for the accuracy, legality, decency or any other aspect of any content that is on the third party websites. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
We may contact you by electronic means for marketing purposes if you have consented to receive such communications. Direct marketing includes any communications to you regarding advertising or the promotion of products and services. If you do not want to receive marketing communications, at any time and free of charge, you may use the opt-out link provided in any communication from us, or contact us at email@example.com.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you believe that we have infringed your rights, we encourage you to contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can try to resolve the issue or dispute. You can also complain about our processing of your personal information to the relevant data protection authority.
You can also complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner, PO Box10094, Wellington New Zealand
Enquiries phone line +64 800 803 909
You may reach the Mindful Money Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Problems or Questions