The Mindful Money Awards: Responsible investment comes of age
Awards event ~ Tuesday 29th June 2021 ~ Grid AKL, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland
The Mindful Money Awards celebrate the role that ethical and impact investing are playing in making money a force for good. They reflect the growing movement to re-orient investment finance towards sustainability and well-being, providing solutions to the mounting crises of climate change, biodiversity loss and inequality.
The Awards honour the funds and the individuals who are leading the movement to make responsible investing the new normal and impact investing the progressive frontier.
Mindful Money encourages a broad spectrum of entries. The judging criteria respect diversity, recognise achievements whether small or large, and encourage innovation.
Award entries are now closed for 2021.
Award categories and criteria
Highlighting the areas that have been instrumental in the success of ethical investing, the categories and criteria for the 2021 Mindful Money Awards are:
Best Ethical KiwiSaver Fund Provider
This award will go to the KiwiSaver fund provider that demonstrates the most effective responsible or ethical investment practices.
The award is open to New Zealand KiwiSaver providers.
Best Ethical Retail Investment fund provider
This award will go to the retail investment fund provider that demonstrates the most effective responsible or ethical investment practices.
The award is open to retail fund providers registered in New Zealand.
Best New Ethical Fund 2021
This award will go to the KiwiSaver or retail investment fund, launched between April 2020 and April 2021, that demonstrates the most effective responsible or ethical investment practices, or the potential to achieve those.
The award is open to KiwiSaver or retail investment funds registered in New Zealand.
|Best Impact Investment Fund
This award will go to the fund that demonstrates a strong purpose and a clear vision for how their enterprise is creating, or will create, significant positive impact on people, communities and the environment.
The award is open to wholesale or retail investment funds registered in New Zealand. This may be a public entity, social enterprise, not-for-profit enterprise, a collaboration or a commercial fund.
|Most Effective Investment Fund for Climate Action
This award will go to the fund that is investing in initiatives that reduce emissions, sequester carbon and/or strengthen resilience, or have a credible plan to do so.
The award is open to wholesale or retail investment funds registered in New Zealand. The fund may be a public entity, social enterprise, not-for-profit enterprise, a collaboration or a commercial fund.
|Best Ethical Financial Adviser
This award will go to the New Zealand financial adviser (company or individual) who can best demonstrate how their advice represents leading practice in ethical investing for their clients.
|Best Media Reporting on Ethical Investment
This award will showcase excellence in New Zealand media reporting on the relationship between investment and ethics, sustainability and/or social good.
Award entries are now closed for 2021.
2021 Mindful Money Awards Timeline
Awards entries open:
Monday 29th March
Awards entries close:
5pm, Monday 10th May
Friday 28th May
Tuesday 29th June
The awards event will be held at the Generator @ GridAKL, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland CBD
at 4-7pm on Tuesday 29th June 2021.
Mindful Money Awards Sponsors
Supporting Partner Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
As a sponsor, your organisation will be associated with this high-profile awards evening on ethical investment which celebrates responsible investing as the wave of the future. The event will bring together leaders in the finance sector and major corporates, government regulators, media and opinion formers.
You will be associated with the launch of a major campaign to take responsible investing into the public mainstream.
For further information about sponsorship opportunities relating to the Mindful Money Awards contact: email@example.com
A robust and independent judging process is a crucial foundation for the credibility of the Awards. Mindful Money will consult widely in the sector to select 3-4 category judges for each Award category. Judges will be respected for their work, know the category well and be able to be objective.
- All Award entry documentation will be treated as confidential by the organising team and judges.
- Judges will be asked to declare any conflicts of interest and, if the conflicts are deemed to be significant , will step aside from the judging process.
- Each judge is volunteering their time without compensation and making a commitment to assist with the success of the awards.
- The judges will prepare a shortlist of finalists and recommend a winner for each Award category. The shortlist for each category will be reviewed by the Judging Committee, a core group of experienced judges, to ensure consistency and integrity.
- The Judging Committee’s decisions on the selection of entries for the shortlists and the category winners are final.
- Judging scores remain confidential to judges and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the awards.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- An administration fee of $50 + GST per award entry is charged. An invoice will be sent to the contact details submitted with the award entry and must be paid by 31st May 2021.
- You may nominate your own business, or others. You do not have to be nominated in order to enter the awards.
- All entrants must provide true and accurate information and disclose any liabilities such as business and/or tax related and/or current pending litigation, which could compromise the judges’ analysis of the business, and/or adversely affect the integrity and reputation of the Mindful Money Awards.
- Mindful Money will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in award publicity material, or for work lost or damaged.
- Entrants should not make contact with the judges for lobbying or promoting their entry.
- Judging will be based on the evidence provided in the initial entry. Once shortlisted within a category, supplementary information may be required.
- Finalists and winners agree to being involved in publicity related to the awards, including photo and other media opportunities with sponsors, judges and Mindful Money staff.
- Category finalists must be available to attend the Awards event in Auckland CBD at 4-7pm on Tuesday 29th June 2021 in person, or through a representative.
- Mindful Money reserves the right and shall be permitted at all times to use at their discretion any material submitted for the Awards, on the Mindful Money website and in promotional and educational material for the purposes of generating awareness and publicity about the annual awards events.
Contact: For any enquiries about the Mindful Money Awards contact: firstname.lastname@example.org